Let us pray
Thank you for everything that you have done for us, thank you for seeing us through all the obstacles, thank you for providing us with what we need, thank you for healing, strength, wisdom, and always providing provision, making ways where there seems to be no way. May we continue to trust in your timing, to be patient in all we do and let the word of God alone be our source and truth in every step that we make. So, help us Father to not get distracted by things we see, what people say or pressure. Help us God in all that we do, in your precious mighty name I pray. Halleluyah.
Welcome to 2017, we thank God, we have entered a new year, I am thankful that I am alive, thankful for being able to do God’s work, for my healing process, having peace, wisdom, growth, learning so much, have amazing people around me, more opportunities on the way and more. Doing what I love, all by His grace, so I ask you what are you thankful for?
I ask that because a lot of us, myself included tend to look at our circumstances and what we do not have, as opposed to looking at the positives and what God has blessed us to have. God will always give us what we need not what we think we need it. We need to align our minds to the word of God and focus on Him alone to see us through in our daily living. Romans 12:2 comes to mind “Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.”
The world will have their view of what we need and how to be famous, how to live the fast life etc, but we are not of the world and how they live, we don’t have their same views, lifestyles and thoughts. It is important for us to position ourselves to what God is saying and not the world and flesh. So, what has your yes and focus? What do you spend more time doing? Think about it and let God reveal to you areas you need to work on and be made aware of.
PHIL 4:10-20 - GOD’S PROVISION...
Let us look at what the word CONTENT means- “To do with being pleased and satisfied (feeling content) or making someone else feel happy and at peace with things (contenting them). “
To be content is to be accepting of your current situation and what you have, to be assured that no condition is permanent and you are an overcomer to do and be great in life, despite what comes your way. It is to be sure of yourself in Christ and whose you are knowing that God alone can and will supply all our needs according to His riches in glory. Phil 4:19 If the word says God will supply ALL, why do we worry and become anxious when we do not have things, or situations aren’t going our way? It does not make sense to say we trust in God but the moment something happens we doubt and try to get things and change things ourselves? Easier said than done but we must remember to position ourselves to do and be greater in our ways, selfless, and dependant on God alone.
As we have entered the new year there will be those who will want new things, a new job, a partner, a promotion, material things etc you name it. But my question to you is that though there is nothing wrong with wanting things, we are human and have desires. But what is your intention behind wanting those things? Check your heart and actions when you want things and let God do a work in you. He knows what you need and He knows the right time in your life for you to have it. Don’t get drawn into the wants and needs lifestyle, that you turn God into a genie going to Him just for things you think you need and not building on a good relationship with Him. Know your ways and do self-checks to avoid getting distracted by things and people.
Let us break down some of the parts of Phil 4: 10-19
10 I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at length you have revived your concern for me. You were indeed concerned for me, but you had no opportunity. 11 Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content.
-When you focus on God and give Him thanks He will supply all your needs
-Bring destiny helpers to help support you and in all your ways will always be many steps head guiding you. Let your faith not be shaken based on what your natural eyes show you, be encouraged to know that God is always working things out for your good, and it will manifest in the natural in His timing. ‘Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven.’
- When you need, things don’t go to people first, express your needs and concerns to God and He will bless you, involving using people. But it is not with their permission you must seek, but His will to be done in your life. He will open new doors and exceed your expectations.
-God knows your needs before you even voice them to Him so be rest assured you are on His mind and He has not forgotten about you or neglected you. He is the author of our lives, and so it is right to go back to Him when in need of help and guidance for our lives.
- In all circumstances are you able to go through them with a positive attitude? Paul is a perfect example of going through circumstances being content with what he had and what he faced. The powerful thing to know is that we can draw strength from our Father in heaven to help see us through. Rely on God’s promises and His power to be your focus as you go through life don’t let what you don’t have keep you in bondage of negativity and hopelessness. He will always supply our needs in a way that is best for us.
12 I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. 13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
- I just love Paul, he really was an example of what it means to be totally surrendered to God in the good and bad, he could see life from God’s point of view, he focused on what God expected of Him to do, not feeding into desires of what he felt he needed. Take away an important lesson from Paul, he did not set his sights on the temporary things but rather on the eternal, all things are temporary, so when you set your sights on things, you set yourself up for failure. Because it will become a vicious cycle of always wanting and never being satisfied. Is that life? Any voids go to God and He will fill those voids in your life not man or things. Where are your priorities in life and what or who is your focus?
- We are able to do all things through Christ who strengthens us, when we draw from Him the strength we need, to live a Godly blessed life. As we contend for our faith in God, there will be many trials and tribulations we face, pressures, setbacks and more but as they come against us we have the assurance of God’s strength in us.
19 And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
- Isn’t this beautiful to know? We can trust in God to always meet our needs, we need to remember that whatever we need, He knows and will supply in due time have faith in Him, there are things we want, which He knows aren’t all good for us to have and so He always provides our needs. Over time you will begin to see that your attitudes and appetites can and will change from a place of wanting all that you think you need, to accepting His provision and power to live for Him and Him alone.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL