Let us pray,
Father I thank you for the lives of these men and women, I thank you for the word of God that is there to encourage us, bless us, strengthen us, uplift us, clarify things for us, bring healing, instruction and more. I pray the word of God will never depart from our mouths, our minds, and our actions. In all that we do we continue to honour you, exalt your Holy name and more importantly place you above and at the centre of all that we do. Halleluyah
I want to talk about Abram and share with you what I took away from my personal study on Genesis 12:
Genesis 12: “Now the Lord had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father’s house, unto a land that I will shew thee: And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.
So Abram departed, as the Lord had spoken unto him; and Lot went with him: and Abram was seventy and five years old when he departed out of Haran. And Abram took Sarai his wife, and Lot his brother’s son, and all their substance that they had gathered, and the souls that they had gotten in Haran; and they went forth to go into the land of Canaan; and into the land of Canaan they came. And Abram passed through the land unto the place of Sichem, unto the plain of Moreh. And the Canaanite was then in the land.
And the Lord appeared unto Abram, and said, unto thy seed will I give this land: and there builded he an altar unto the Lord, who appeared unto him. And he removed from thence unto a mountain on the east of Bethel, and pitched his tent, having Bethel on the west, and Hai on the east: and there he built an altar unto the Lord, and called upon the name of the Lord. And Abram journeyed, going on still toward the south. And there was a famine in the land: and Abram went down into Egypt to sojourn there; for the famine was grievous in the land. And it came to pass, when he was come near to enter into Egypt, that he said unto Sarai his wife, Behold now, I know that thou art a fair woman to look upon:
Therefore it shall come to pass, when the Egyptians shall see thee, that they shall say, this is his wife: and they will kill me, but they will save thee alive.
Say, I pray thee, thou art my sister: that it may be well with me for thy sake; and my soul shall live because of thee. And it came to pass, that, when Abram was come into Egypt, the Egyptians beheld the woman that she was very fair. The princes also of Pharaoh saw her, and commended her before Pharaoh: and the woman was taken into Pharaoh’s house.
And he entreated Abram well for her sake: and he had sheep, and oxen, and he asses, and menservants, and maidservants, and she asses, and camels. And the Lord plagued Pharaoh and his house with great plagues because of Sarai Abram’s wife.
And Pharaoh called Abram and said, what is this that thou hast done unto me? Why didst thou not tell me that she was thy wife? Why saidst thou, She is my sister? So I might have taken her to me to wife: now therefore behold thy wife, take her, and go thy way. And Pharaoh commanded his men concerning him: and they sent him away, and his wife, and all that he had."
These are the main points I took away from this chapter and hope it encourages someone to have the type of faith Abram had, to take that bold step to their new growth, blessings, new direction and more..
- When God promises He will always deliver, the bible is filled with His promises for us, trust in Him alone.
- What doesn’t make sense to you, He will always clarify in due time for us to understand why things happen.
- Coming out of your comfort zone is necessary to elevate because God is a limitless God- He will equip you, teach you and elevate you.
- Those who do you no good, leave them to God and He will handle them, it is not your job to take matters into your own hands- Just pray and leave it to God.
- Trust in His timing it’ll get uncomfortable but it’ll get better in time.
- Despite your age God can still use you mightily.
- Where you progress to, will not be common to you but it’ll test you and will be worth it.
- To protect you, God will ensure there is a shift and change in your circumstances.
- When God gives you an instruction it will require a special covenant with Him. For Abram it was a great nation, and that His family will be taken care of. God was to make Abram great which would in turn require Abram to leave His stability, friends and family.. This is where the COVENANT COMES INTO PLAY.
- Through Christ, people can have a personal relationship with God and be blessed beyond measure.
- To cleave onto God Abram would have to leave behind what He knew with faith, leaving where he knew to build a great nation.
- When God tells you to leave somewhere, please believe that it will be for something greater than what we left behind. God will always lead us to better- but requires greater service and usefulness from us.
- Don’t let comfort and security that is common to you, cause you to miss God’s plans for you
- God’s plan was to use Abram to go out to develop a nation God can call His own. From a godless city Abram left and went to a fertile region of Canaan where God was to be centred.
- So it shows the importance of faith and obedience.
- God is calling His daughters out and with this there will be a shift in the kingdom to do exploits – but you would need to leave your comfort zones.
- Despite what your circumstances say, keep it all in prayers and relax knowing God has it. But then why continue to worry and be fearful after prayers? Why did you pray in the first place?
- Remind yourself of His promises and speak life into your circumstances.
- Where you are now is not your FINAL stop – Stay focused your greater days are ahead.
- Jeremiah 29:11 – His thoughts for us are of good and not of evil with an expected end.
- 1 peter 5:7 – Cast all your cares upon Him for He cares for you.
- No two days are the same – Storms come, but don’t be shaken by what you see. God operates in the spiritual not in the flesh, so pray to contact Him in spirit and in truth especially when the trials comes.
- The level of your faith determines how far He will move in that circumstance
- God can still use you, when you are low on funds, He doesn’t call the qualified, He qualifies the called. You are not perfect and will make mistakes but His grace and mercy is sufficient.
God bless you all